May 16, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Crème Fresh Tint in Poppy/Coquelicot.




the brightest shade of the 5 Crème Fresh Tints by Le Métier de Beauté is Poppy/Coquelicot. it's a medium neutral pink with fine pearl shimmer, a very basic shade. against my skintone it's a glowy cool toned pink.
just like the other Crème Fresh Tints this shade has a very soft consistency and it's unscented. 
i apply it with my Hakuhodo G5552 small duo fiber brush, i find it easy to apply and blend evenly when i stipple it on and blend it slightly - so the balmy texture doesn't ever budge the foundation/concealer underneath.
even though it appears so glowy, it doesn't feel sticky or heavy on the skin but leaves it soft and nourished. i have quite oily skin but i find these CFT last surprisingly well on me, thanks to a soft staining effect the colour doesn't fade or melt off through the day although the initially rather cool toned pink does "warm up" a bit over the day when it merges with my foundation. 
with this particular shade i like to dust the LMdB powder blush in Echo on top, a sheer pinky coral with gold duochrome sheen. i think this combo is just the most fresh and happy blush for spring/summer, it's complex, it's glowy and youthful (and even more long-wearing than each alone). if you have both, definitely try it!
on the lips, Poppy/Coquelicot is an easy-to-wear pink shade, i like it with a sheer shimmery peach gloss (for complexity) or clear lip balm on top.
you can buy Le Métier de Beauté products on zuneta.com (if you don't live in the states that's the best address), the Crème Fresh Tints cost 24£ each and contain 5g of product.

if you want to see comparison swatches of the CFT and other detailed reviews, please visit my overview post here or over the sidebar.


Le Métier de Beauté Crème Fresh Tint in Poppy/Coquelicot in natural light: swatched heavily & blended out

Le Métier de Beauté Crème Fresh Tint in Poppy/Coquelicot with flashlight: swatched heavily & blended out



comparison


swatched in natural light:

with flash:

tihilw

without blush - with LMdB Poppy/Coquelicot applied on the cheeks
sorry, the pics were taken back in the deepest winter so it's just artificial lighting + flash, hence the very "glowy" face.



this is how Poppy/Coquelicot looks on my lips (natural lighting)



11 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty on you :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hübsche Nuance, gefällt mir sowohl auf den Wangen als auch auf den Lippen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks soooo nice, I love this natural peach coral tone! it looks so good on you! thanks for the info I´ve never tried this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! How do you apply cream blush? do you use a brush or fingers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! i've described how i apply it in the post: i dab into the pan gently with the Hakuhodo brush, then tap the colour onto my cheeks and diffuse it with stippling motions. i don't like using my fingers too much since i am too lazy to go washing my hands multiple times inbetween make up application.

      Delete
  5. I like how it looks on your lips. It makes your face shine :) On your cheeks IMO it's a bit too soft. Nevertheless it's a nice color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! please consider though that my lip-swatch is made in natural light but the face-shot with artificial light & flash so i was washed out quite a bit.

      Delete
  6. I must say, you really know how to make me crave cream blushes. :P When I first read your review on Ginger Lily, I became obsessed! Now I'm really, really wanting Poppy! I find your reviews on cheek products really helpful because I have a similar taste in cheek color and I have oily skin, too! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually love the glowiness in the picture, such a pretty colour on you :) Very fresh and flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely color! Thanks for the swatches and comparisons :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...